Thursday, July 20, 2006

Welcome! Bienvenue!

Hi. My hobby is photography. I have been doing it a while now and enjoy it.
Do I have any talent you ask? . . .don’t know, not sure. Like I said it’s a hobby and I enjoy it. . .key words being “hobby” and “enjoy.” I’ve been keeping a photoblog for a little over a year which is called ‘Photography and thoughts.’ Please visit if you like.
My wife and I work at a large corporation and we just received a two year assignment
In Montpellier France which is on the Mediterranean coast between Spain and Italy. What a horrible thing to happen to a photographer! We’ve already flown
Out and rented a house which has a bike path out front that leads to the beach. Now we’re back in the U.S. closing things up. We will be flying out for our two year assignment in a week I am excited and anxious but also exhausted. The paperwork
Involved was phenomenal. Between the United States government, the French government and our corporation I have filled out thousands of forms and scanned my birth certificate, my high school diploma, my honorable discharge from the service and my marriage certificate. All were filed in triplicate and mailed to different places.
Since we first got this assignment I have been undecided about whether to just continue on with the photoblog I already have or begin a new French one. What I decided to do is start a new one which I will use as a photo-journal of my adventure and use my other one “Photography and thoughts” as a gallery for my better photos.